Discovery Peptide Arrays
Short Service Description
Epitope mapping and biomarker discovery on custom high density peptide arrays
Base Price (Price per unit)
Price on enquiry
~16-20 weeks, including design and synthesis of microarrays, analysis of ~ 350 serum samples, data extraction and analysis.
Detailed description and background
Peptide microarrays represent miniaturized high throughput solid-phase affinity binding assays employing short peptides printed onto suitable microarray substrates such as coated glass microscopy slides.
Tens, hundreds or thousands of peptides can be arrayed onto a single slide to create discrete micro-reaction sites (features) and to perform multiple assays in parallel using small reaction volumes of biological samples.
Overlapping peptides derived from the amino acid sequence of protein of interest are first synthesised as a peptide library and subsequently immobilized on appropriately coated microarray glass slides. After applying suitable labels (e.g. fluorescence) to samples of interest (such as antibodies, proteins or serum) in a direct or indirect (when using secondary antibodies) fashion and incubation of the samples on compatible protein microarrays, binding events at individual features can be determining by measuring the amount of fluorescence label retained on each spot.
Typical peptide microarray applications include
- Enzyme-substrate specificity
- Epitope Mapping
- Biomarker screening from biological samples (e.g. serum, cell lysates)
- Therapeutic synthetic peptide screening
Peptide microarray services provided by CPGR:
- Custom array design: We can design the high content peptide array based on the protein(s) you are interested in, including controls for your assays
- Peptide synthesis and array fabrication carried out by suitable partner organisations
- Microarray hybridization: Standard protein hybridizations done in an automated processing and incubation station (Tecan HS 4800) in single, dual or quad format
- Scanning: All scanning done in 4u microarray reader compatible with most existing microarray designs
- Compatibility: All Cy3 or Cy5 labelled analytes and detection antibodies
- Applications: Antibody binding, epitope mapping, biomarker discovery
Report of raw microarray data and/or analyzed data; detailed Bioinformatics on request
Sample/Info Submission Info
Samples to run on microarray assays (e.g. serum) are accepted in batches up to and including 350 samples. Complete a sample submission form and ship on dry ice. Import permits to be organized.
Price on request
peptide microarray, assay development, epitope mapping, automated hybridization, biomarkers
Sample Shipping Address
Institute of Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine, UCT, Faculty of Health Sciences, Wernher and Beit Building, Level 2, Lab S2.09, Anzio Road, Observatory, Cape Town 7925, South Africa
Biomarker discovery, bioinformatics, Luminex
A downloadable PDF Print Version of this service can be found here.