This is what we do
- Data Analysis: We can analyse data already generated by a variety of different technology platforms and/or various levels of biological complexity (DNA, RNA ,protein, etc) to enable a systems-based, in-silico representation of biological phenomena.
- Research and Development: The CPGR actively develop new tools for internal use that automate our data flows, facilitate data management and transfer, and ultimately speed up the delivery of your data and results.
- Human Capital Development: We provide training and education for biological scientists in the understanding and use of bioinformatic applications and the proliferation of bioinformatic knowledge to empower the scientific community.
- Support: The CPGR is happy to accomodate project and research specific support, in addition to providing a collection of hand picked electronic resources.
Objectives are to:
- Integrate data generated on different technology platforms and/or various levels of biological complexity to enable a systems-based in-silico representation of biological phenomena.
- To develop, adopt and implement standards for data generation, analysis, management, storage, reporting and publication in compliance with national and international standards.
- Proliferate knowledge by supporting other platforms and data-generating entities through the development and implementation of common policies, procedures and standards.
- To empower biologists in terms of the understanding and use of bioinformatics, with a special focus on integrating wet- and dry-lab techniques and work flows.
- To leverage synergy effects between existing "omics" entities to enhance the output and branding of these entities for the benefit of the biotech sector in SA.