Events and Announcements
- Dr. Reinhard Hiller was a guest speaker on Cape Talk, New beginnings Feature: Sunflower fund’s new pan-African registry on 16 April 2018
- The sunflower fund adds the CPGR to its Corporate Profile to cement the partnership pertaining to registration of stem cell donors.
- Dr. Liam Bell is 1st author on a publication in the April addition of the Journal of Biomedical Techniques. The title of the article is Challenges and Opportunities for Biological Mass Spectrometry Core Facilities in the Developing World.
- Four staff members attended The Eleventh Meeting of the H3Africa Consortium at Serena Lake Victoria, Entebbe, Uganda. Fruitful discussions were held as a result of poster sessions and working group participation.
- The CPGR was a sponsor of the 38th National Congress of the South African Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (SASOG), held March 04 – 07, 2018 at Inkosi Albert Luthuli International Convention Center, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. The meeting focused on an array of topics that included ground-breaking research, new surgical innovations, hands on workshops and state of the art lectures.
- The 1st Foundation in Genomics for 2018 was held 13-15 March and attended by participants from Nigeria, Botswana and south Africa.
- Dr. Reinhard Hiller will be presenting at the 20th Africa Com conference, 7-9 November at the CTCICC, Cape Town. The topic of his presentation is Precision Medicine in Africa – Will the digitisation of health unlock new potential for value creation?
CPGR staff members from the Genomics and Bioinformatics platforms will attend the Aortic International meeting on Cancer – 7-10 November in Kigali, Rwanda
The CPGR will have a presence at the African society of Human Genetics – 16-18 November in Cairo, Egypt
- South Africa’s CPGR to partner with the Sunflower Fund to stimulate medical innovation in Africa through access to high-resolution HLA testing and data aggregation. More details here
- Dr Liam Bell presented at the Sports nutrition Expedition (https://www.ssisa.com/project/nutrition-expedition/) at the Sport Science Institute, Cape Town
- The CPGR announced plans to implement the Baobab LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System), an open-source platform developed with a view to make state-of-the-art tracking of samples, data and lab reagents feasible in resource-constrained settings. – Click here for more info
- CPGR to pilot DIPLOMICS infrastructure program – Click here for more info
- Edico Genome and South Africa’s CPGR deploy first DRAGEN BIO-IT platform in Africa – Click here for more info
- Launch of “Laboratory ready journey”
- Launch of our 2 day “Foundation for Bioinformatics Course”
- FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES , DEPARTMENT OF INTEGRATIVE BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES Research day, 1 September. Dr Z McDonald – Targeted Proteomics: Time to Dust off the Hypothesis
- Foundation for Genomics Course, 28/30 September..
- MADCAP training and site visits for partners in Nigeria, 12-16 September
- Foundation for genomics course, 24-26 August
- MADCAP training and site visits for partners in Ghana, 29-31 August
- CPGR’s incubator programme launch: 1st halaal laboratory opens in South Africa – Muslim views article
- Foundation in Genomics, 18-20 May, CPGR offices
- Foundations for Omics, 26-28 January, CPGR offices
- SASHG 2015 – The Next Generation
- KleinKaap Boutique Hotel in Clubview, Centurion. 16 – 19 August
- CPGR, Cape Town, 22 June 2015
Online IPA (Ingenuity Pathway Analysis) Training
- Every trainee will be given 1 week IPA license for their own use
- 2 Sessions on June 8, 2015
- ASGWAS 2015
- AIMS, Muizenberg, South Africa
- 23 – 24 April 2015
- Allee Bleue, Franschoek
- 9 – 10 March 2015
- Abstract Booklet
- University of Cape Town
- 17 – 19 November 2014
- Cape Town
- 2 – 3 October 2014
Non Communicable Diseases in Developing Countries
- 15 – 19 October
- Cape Town
Beyond the Genome (Cancer Genomics in Boston)
- 8 – 10 October
- Harvard Medical School
- to be held from 23 to 26 September 2014
- hosted by the University of Pretoria and held Kwalata Game Ranch.
- at the CSIR international convention centre
- to be held 13-17 September 2014
- 6-9 July 2014
- Goudini Spa http://www.sasbmb.org.za/